This is just a very quick post on my style of taking on diet, workout, rest and supplementation, the 4 pillars of body shaping and conditioning.
For diet i do intermittent fasting, carb cycling, calori cycling and carb timing and of course, macro ratio.
- My intermittent fast is 12 noon -8pm eating window. 8pm to 12 noon fasting window.
- Calori cycling- i try my very best to stick to maintenance calories, with slight surplus on training days and slight deficit on weekend refeeds which are my high carbohydrate days. Though am on a calori deficit, because its a high carb day, i expect to gain weight and that’s okay.
- Carb cycling- When i am not training for powerlifting, i stick to my 5 days very low carb at just around 20 to 30 grams per day. And on Saturdays and Sundays i bump it up to 150 grams and sometimes even more.
- Carbohydrate timing- I consume my carbs around workout period, and ideally right after workout.
- Macro- I stick to 1 gram per pound of body weight for protein, and 30 grams of carbs and the rest throw it all on dietary fats.
All of the above is reflected in my Bikini Body Meal Plan.
- Weight training- i do heavy lifts at 5 reps or lower in the first part of my workouts. Then i do hypertrophy workouts with a load that i can do 10-15 reps.
- I am so lazy with cardio, but if i do, i prefer the extremely easy walk at around 30 mins or the hiit at around 15 mins. I normally do hiit on my weight training days and do easy walks on rest days. But these are not my priority. Though these exercise are burns up glucose, i prefer to simply diet my way around it by consuming less than 30 grams of carbs a day.
- Fasted workout-my morning workouts are always fasted. Even when i train strength training, as long as morning schedule, i do it fasted.
You can check out my Bikini Body Workout plan if you need a workout plan guide.
- Our bodies function well with rest. Our bodies burn fat better when it is well rested. And it will hold on to weight and water if it lacks rest. i try my very best to hit 6 to 8 hours of sleep with mid afternoon power nap.
- Massage at about 1-2x a month.
- Preworkout only when i feel tired and need to nail in a good training session or when i really wanna nail an intense training session.
- Whey, creatine and glutamine- i take these when i have a power-lifting meet coming up and when am barely surviving my training program and i need to hasten up recovery.
- Fishoil, vitamin C, and multivamins